Thailand, Islands of Phuket
COVID-19 UPDATE: The Royal Thai Government declared a national state of emergency at the end of March, 2020. The temporary ban on all international flights to Thailand has been extended through June 30, 2020. Our base on Phuket at Ao Po Grand Marina is scheduled to re-open October 1, 2020. We will update this information as it is received.
8 Day / 7 Night Adventure Sailing in Thailand – Phuket
Sailing from Phuket to Phi Phi Don, Lanta, Muk, Racha Yai, and more
8 Days – 7 Nights
Saturday, March 20 – Saturday, March 27, 2021
Pricing coming soon – thank you.
The legendary hospitality of the Thai people and diverse attractions – from Phuket’s bustling night market to the extraordinary tropical bird and sea-life – all combine to make a Phuket sailing vacation an amazing adventure. Easy passages and secure anchorages in the protected waters of the Andaman Sea and Phang-Nga Bay are an absolute pleasure. Daytime temperatures from July to February average 89° F (32° C), from March to June it’s a bit warmer. Winds range from 5 – 20 knots – SW from May to October and NE from November to April when winds tend to be lighter. With towering limestone peaks, exotic offshore marine preserves, sumptuous Thai cuisine, world-class diving and excellent sailing, a Phuket yacht charter ticks all the boxes for the adventure of a lifetime.
Or call +1 (310) 823-5545 for more information.
Day 1 – Phuket Island, Ao Po Grand Marina
You’ll begin your adventure at Ao Po Grand Marina on the island of Phuket just a 25 minute cab ride from the Phuket International Airport (HKT). Checkin is 4:00 PM. Dinner will be ashore this night amid the exciting night life of Phuket. Sleeping accommodations will be aboard the boat which will remain at the dock for the evening.
Day 2 – Day at sea to Ko Phi Phi Don
After breakfast, our charter representative will provide a full boat briefing and we’ll follow that with our pre-voyage crew meeting and it’s time to cast off! Crossing the Andaman Sea to the south you’ll spend the day cruising picture perfect islands that give these cruising grounds its unique character. Then on to the amazing Tonsai Bay at Ko Phi Phi Don for one of the best beaches in Southeast Asia.
Day 3 – Ko Phi Phi Don
Today is the day when snorkelers and scuba divers will discover one of the most diverse sea life locations in the Andaman Sea. Or explore the island, lounge under a palm, or take a stroll on the white sand beach. Dinner is ashore amid Ko Phi Phi Don’s awesome night life.
Day 4 – Ko Lanta
After a short passage southeast to Ko Lanta you’ll settle into this relaxing and tranquil location. Visit traditional villages, hike the rainforest, kayak the river, or enjoy amazing local cuisine. This is another must-see for divers, with manta rays and giant whale sharks. Be sure to bring your cameras!
Day 5 – Ko Muk
Another short cruise southeast round the coast of Ko Lanta Yai reveals the gem of Ko Muk. Situated amid a group of pristine islets, this is the place to unwind and take in the sheer beauty of powder fine beaches, the spectacular Emerald Cave, and much more. A delicious dinner aboard this evening.
Day 6 – Day at sea to Ko Racha Yai
You’ll take the passage back west across the Andaman Sea past dramatic and untouched islands to the crystal clear waters of Ko Racha Yai. Try your hand at fishing here for mahi-mahi, sailfish, or giant trevally, or dive the underwater sculpture park. No matter what you choose, the beautiful beaches and coves of Ko Racha Yai await.
Day 7 – Ko Naka Noi
After a passage north you’ll arrive at Ko Naka Noi just off Phuket island and a short trip from base. A perfect place to enjoy your last day and evening aboard. Sunbathe on the beach, snorkel, paddleboard, or rent a Hobie cat! And an event not to miss is our special dinner aboard this evening celebrating an amazing trip!
Day 8 – Phuket Island, Ao Po Grand Marina
A final breakfast aboard and it’s time to cruise back to base at the Ao Po Grand Marina in Phuket for checkout at 9:00AM. Though it’s time to bid your fellow crew mates adieu the memories made will last a lifetime. It’s time to start planning the next trip
Our Adventure Sailing voyage pricing includes:
- A well deserved vacation!
- Your stateroom – featuring centrally controlled air conditioning, large hull window with privacy curtains, individually controlled air fans, LED reading lights, hanging and storage lockers with ample storage space, bedding collection and towel sets, and en-suite bathroom and shower with vanity.
- All breakfasts, lunches, afternoon teas, and dinners aboard.
- 24-hour use of the galley and all public spaces.
- 24-hour beverages aboard including: water, sparkling water, iced tea, select juices, sodas, hot cocoa, coffee, and tea.
- 24-hour snacks aboard.
- Snorkeling gear: mask, fins, and snorkel.
- Dinghy transportation for all planned voyage activities.
- Professional Charter Captain – US Coast Guard credentialed, ASA Sailing Instructor, and PADI Scuba Diving Instructor. Your captain will take care of all the details for leading and managing the sailing, navigation planning, charter coordination, and vessel management for your voyage. (To really kick into full vacation mode, an onboard chef can be added for an additional fee. If your group elects this option, your chef will serve you sumptuous breakfasts, lunches, and dinners aboard as well as coordinate all your dining arrangements ashore.)
- Opportunity to expand your on-the-water skills in a casual and fun atmosphere. Learn by doing and expand your knowledge on topics such as: sailing catamarans vs. monohulls, voyage planning, navigation, marine weather, oceanography, cooking aboard, snorkeling and scuba diving, local knowledge, and much more.
- Travel welcome gift.
- Captain’s hors d’oeuvres event.
- Pre-departure chart briefing.
- All charter taxes, fees, mooring, and port expenses.
The following services are not included in the voyage price:
- Air travel, baggage fees / taxes.
- Land / sea taxi transfers.
- Dining and bar service ashore.
- Alcoholic beverages onboard.
- Land / sea shore excursions such as: scuba diving, jeep or boat tours, taxis, kayak rentals, deep sea fishing, or other activities or rentals such as: dive gear and wetsuits. However, we can certainly assist you in arranging these services.
- Internet access or use of your smartphone.
- Medical services.
- Laundry services.
- ASA / PADI certification courses / fees.
- Travel interruption / vacation protection insurance.
- Onboard Chef.
- Service gratuities for your onboard crew
The Moorings 4800 Club – 4 Cabin Catamaran Yacht
Cruising World awarded this cat “Boat of the Year” and you’ll see why it gained that merit as you cruise through paradise on earth.
With spacious guest rooms each with double beds and en-suite heads and showers, this award winning yacht is the pinnacle of the class. Dine on the covered aft deck or star gaze from the covered forward cockpit which is accessible from the main saloon giving even more space for socializing and relaxing, as well as creating cooling breezes throughout.
The well-lit interior is fully air-conditioned and features a modern chef’s galley and wrap around settee in the saloon that can convert to a double berth in the evening. Travel the open waters with ease from the raised helm station where all lines lead to electric winches. Award winning design for an amazing adventure.
Maximum Passengers: 10
Number of Cabins: 4
Forepeaks: 2 (starboard w/head)
Convertible double berth in saloon
Number of Heads (toilets): 5
Number of Showers: 5
Length Overall: 48.5 ft.
Beam: 25 ft.
Draft: 4′ 10″
Sail Area: 1555 sq ft.
Here’s a link to our vessel’s brochure with additional photos and information:
(* Moorings 4800 deck graphic courtesy of Moorings.com.)
- Wake up without an alarm
- Feel the tropical breeze in your hair while enjoying your sumptuous breakfast
- Snorkel in warm crystal clear water and take in the Andaman undersea world
- Take a relaxing sail to our lunch spot at the next island
- Lunch ashore at a beach bar, resort, or hang out aboard to chill with a novel
- Lounge, explore, or do some fun activities
- Another short sail through sparkling turquoise waters to our mooring for the night
- Sundowners on the aft deck
- Look around, breathe, and realize you are really here
- Grilled dinner aboard or dining ashore at famous waterfront restaurants
- Star gaze on the bow
- Be gently rocked to sleep not knowing what time it is
- Wake up without an alarm – refer to number two above – repeat
- Andaman Sea passages
- Many areas with line of sight navigation
- Beautiful hidden beaches
- Awesome night life ashore
- Elephant encounters
- Snorkeling with manta rays
- Year round destination
- Friendly people
- Tasty Thai cuisine
- Whale shark diving and snorkeling
- Great for individuals, singles, couples, families, and groups
- Relaxing warm crystal clear waters and white sand beaches
- And adding your activity to this list!
Phuket is a southern province of Thailand and includes the rainforested, mountainous island of Phuket, Thailand’s largest island. The island of Phuket lies off the west coast of Thailand in the Andaman Sea, a marginal sea of the eastern Indian Ocean. Hundreds of uninhabited islands and islets reside in this area including numerous Thai National Park preserves. To the southeast of Phuket island are the Phi Phi islands and other coral islands which are part of Krabi province. Coastal island regions are characterized by coral sand beaches, mangrove forests and seagrass meadows. Offshore preserves are rich in coral reefs and spectacular topography. Navigation amid island groups is often line of sight.
The climate of Phuket is driven by the monsoons of Southeast Asia. The wind system over the area reverses every year. During the winter months the wind comes out of the NE and reverses to SW in the summer. March is a terrific time to visit because precipitation is low, day time temperatures average 91° F, evening lows around 77°, and winds are SE at 5 – 15 knots. Tides run between 3 and 10 feet. And then there’s the almost unbelievable water temperature averaging 90° F in the month of March. Whether you’re swimming, snorkeling, or just splashing shore side in the crystal clear water, there’s no wetsuits required.
Valid passports are required for travel to Thailand – your passport must be valid at the time of entry and good for 6 months past your departure date from Thailand.
The unit of currency in Thailand is the Baht. Credit cards are accepted only at larger resorts and restaurants. Keep in mind that small establishments along the cruising grounds have no way of handling card transactions so it is recommended to complete your money exchange prior to departure. At the time of this writing $1 USD was roughly equivalent to 30 Baht. A good rule of thumb is to plan for approximately 1000 Baht per person per day.
The official language of Thailand is Thai, and English.
Thailand Adventure Sailing Package
8 days / 7 nights
$USD price (coming soon) per person based on double occupancy.
Children ages 4 to 12 are 50% adult fare, children 3 and under are free. One child can be included in a full fare double occupancy stateroom with a parent or guardian.
An onboard chef can be added for the voyage at an additional $295 USD per full fare guest. When booking, please let us know if you would like to add the chef option.
- Bookings can only be taken for full staterooms, not for individual berths.
- 50% deposit due upon booking, staterooms cannot be held without a deposit.
- Once all staterooms have been booked, potential guests that express interest will be added to a wait list.
- The final 50% balance is due no later than 120 days prior to the sail date. These trips are popular so please keep in mind that to retain your stateroom all balances must be paid on time.
- We understand that plans change. We recommend that you consider travel protection insurance to cover the voyage costs should your schedule change unexpectedly due to medical or other covered circumstances.
- Cancellation fees:
- Up to 120 days in advance of the sail date: If you cancel 120 days or earlier before the sail date we will refund your payment, less the 5% credit card processing fee we are charged.
- 119 to 91 days in advance of the sail date: Cancellations between 119 days and 91 days prior to the sail date are subject to 50% cancellation fee.
- 90 or less days in advance of the sail date: Following the standard that’s common in the charter and cruising industry there are no refunds available for cancellations made 90 days or later before the sail date. This is because we have fully committed to the charter and all fees have been paid. There is always the possibility that someone on the wait list, or someone else who has interest, may be able to fill your spot – if they do we are happy to refund your charter fee (less the 5% credit card processing fee we are charged.) Naturally there’s no guarantee that your spot can be filled at this late date so this is where a travel protection policy can assist in refunding your costs.
- All rates, options, add-ons, accommodation plans, voyage itineraries, and travel dates are subject to change without notice.