Thailand, Islands of Phuket
COVID-19 UPDATE: Thailand’s borders remain closed to tourists staying less than 90 days. Once restrictions are lifted, The Royal Thai Government will require a “Fit to Fly” medical certificate along with a negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours of departure. Our base on the island of Phuket at Ao Po Grand Marina is scheduled to re-open December 19, 2020. We will update this information as it is received.
8 Day / 7 Night Adventure Sailing in Thailand – Phuket
Sailing from Phuket to Koh Hong, Krabi, Phi Phi Don, Racha Yai, and more
8 Days – 7 Nights
Sunday, March 20 – Sunday, March 27, 2022
$4,295 per person, based on double occupancy.
50% deposit due upon booking – balance due November 20, 2021 – see below for cancellation policies and Covid-19 safety protocols.
Nestled in the heart of Southeast Asia, Thailand is endowed with unparalleled tropical beauty. The cruising grounds off the east coast of the island of Phuket are among the finest anywhere in the world. Towering limestone pinnacles jut from the emerald-colored waters of the sheltered Phang-nga Bay. To the south, the Phi Phi islands stand as the jewels of the Andaman Sea. More than 130 picturesque islands, offshore marine preserves known internationally for the world’s top scuba diving sites, secure anchorages, pristine white-sand beaches, sumptuous cuisine, and lively night life are all parts of this once in a lifetime experience in the Land of Smiles. If you’ve been waiting for an opportunity to head out on a sailing adventure that traverses one of the most exotic locations on earth with stunning scenery and easy passages – this is your trip. Welcome to Phuket.
Day 1 – Phuket Island, Ao Po Grand Marina
You’ll begin your adventure at Ao Po Grand Marina on the island of Phuket just a 25 minute cab ride from the Phuket International Airport (HKT). Checkin is 4:00 PM. Dinner will be ashore. Sleeping accommodations will be aboard the boat which will remain at the dock for the evening.
Day 2 – Day at sea to Ko Phi Phi Don
After breakfast, our charter representative will provide a full boat briefing and we’ll follow that with our pre-voyage crew meeting and it’s time to cast off! Crossing the Andaman Sea to the south you’ll spend the day cruising picture perfect islands that give these cruising grounds its unique character. Then on to the amazing Tonsai Bay at Ko Phi Phi Don for one of the best beaches in Southeast Asia.
Day 3 – Ko Phi Phi Don
Today is the day when snorkelers and scuba divers will discover one of the most diverse sea life locations in the Andaman Sea. Or explore the island, lounge under a palm, or take a stroll on the white sand beach. Dinner is ashore amid Ko Phi Phi Don’s awesome night life.
Day 4 – Ko Lanta
After a short passage southeast to Ko Lanta you’ll settle into this relaxing and tranquil location. Visit traditional villages, hike the rainforest, kayak the river, or enjoy amazing local cuisine. This is another must-see for divers, with manta rays and giant whale sharks. Be sure to bring your cameras!
Day 5 – Ko Muk
Another short cruise southeast round the coast of Ko Lanta Yai reveals the gem of Ko Muk. Situated amid a group of pristine islets, this is the place to unwind and take in the sheer beauty of powder fine beaches, the spectacular Emerald Cave, and much more. A delicious dinner aboard this evening.
Day 6 – Day at sea to Ko Racha Yai
You’ll take the passage back west across the Andaman Sea past dramatic and untouched islands to the crystal clear waters of Ko Racha Yai. Try your hand at fishing here for mahi-mahi, sailfish, or giant trevally, or dive the underwater sculpture park. No matter what you choose, the beautiful beaches and coves of Ko Racha Yai await.
Day 7 – Ko Naka Noi
After a passage north you’ll arrive at Ko Naka Noi just off Phuket island and a short trip from base. A perfect place to enjoy your last day and evening aboard. Sunbathe on the beach, snorkel, paddleboard, or rent a Hobie cat! And an event not to miss is our special dinner aboard this evening celebrating an amazing trip!
Day 8 – Phuket Island, Ao Po Grand Marina
A final breakfast aboard and it’s time to cruise back to base at the Ao Po Grand Marina in Phuket for checkout at 9:00AM. Though it’s time to bid your fellow crew mates adieu the memories made will last a lifetime. It’s time to start planning the next trip!
Our Adventure Sailing voyage pricing includes:
- A well deserved vacation!
- Your stateroom – featuring centrally controlled air conditioning, large hull window with privacy curtains, individually controlled air fans, LED reading lights, hanging and storage lockers with ample storage space, bedding collection and towel sets, and en-suite bathroom and shower with vanity.
- All breakfasts, lunches, afternoon teas, and dinners aboard.
- 24-hour use of the galley and all public spaces.
- 24-hour beverages aboard including: water, sparkling water, iced tea, select juices, sodas, hot cocoa, coffee, and tea.
- 24-hour snacks aboard.
- Snorkeling fins. (Mask and snorkel may not be available so be sure to bring your own.)
- Dinghy transportation for all planned voyage activities.
- Professional Charter Captain – US Coast Guard credentialed, ASA Sailing Instructor, and PADI Scuba Diving Instructor. Your captain will take care of all the details for leading and managing the sailing, navigation planning, charter coordination, and vessel management for your voyage. (To really kick into full vacation mode, an onboard chef can be added for an additional fee. If your group elects this option, your chef will serve you sumptuous breakfasts, lunches, and dinners aboard as well as coordinate all your dining arrangements ashore.)
- Opportunity to expand your on-the-water skills in a casual and fun atmosphere. Learn by doing and expand your knowledge on topics such as: sailing catamarans vs. monohulls, voyage planning, navigation, marine weather, oceanography, cooking aboard, snorkeling and scuba diving, local knowledge, and much more.
- Travel welcome gift.
- Captain’s hors d’oeuvres event.
- Pre-departure chart briefing.
- Covid-19 safety protocols, preparedness, and procedures.
- Vessel cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting of boat interiors, kitchen ware, and bedding.
- All charter taxes, fees, mooring, and port expenses.
The following services are not included in the voyage price:
- Air travel, baggage fees / taxes.
- Land / sea taxi transfers.
- Dining and bar service ashore.
- Alcoholic beverages onboard.
- Land / sea shore excursions such as: scuba diving, jeep or boat tours, taxis, kayak rentals, deep sea fishing, or other activities or rentals such as: dive gear and wetsuits. However, we can certainly assist you in arranging these services.
- Internet access or use of your smartphone.
- Laundry services.
- ASA / PADI certification courses / fees.
- Travel interruption / vacation protection insurance.
- Onboard Chef.
- Service gratuities for your onboard crew
- Medical services and transportation. (Including Covid-19 related services, transportation, quarantine period / location, required testing, or other related costs. Consider a Travel Protection Insurance Policy for coverage in some of these and other areas.)
The Moorings 4800 Club – 4 Cabin Catamaran Yacht
Cruising World awarded this cat “Boat of the Year” and you’ll see why it gained that merit as you cruise through paradise on earth.
With spacious guest rooms each with double beds and en-suite heads and showers, this award winning yacht is the pinnacle of the class. Dine on the covered aft deck or star gaze from the covered forward cockpit which is accessible from the main saloon giving even more space for socializing and relaxing, as well as creating cooling breezes throughout.
The well-lit interior is fully air-conditioned and features a modern chef’s galley and wrap around settee in the saloon that can convert to a double berth in the evening. Travel the open waters with ease from the raised helm station where all lines lead to electric winches. Award winning design for an amazing adventure.
Maximum Passengers: 10
Number of Cabins: 4
Forepeaks: 2 (starboard w/head)
Convertible double berth in saloon
Number of Heads (toilets): 5
Number of Showers: 5
Length Overall: 48.5 ft.
Beam: 25 ft.
Draft: 4′ 10″
Sail Area: 1555 sq ft.
(* Moorings 4800 deck graphic and images courtesy of Moorings.com.)
- Wake up without an alarm
- Feel the tropical breeze in your hair while enjoying your sumptuous breakfast
- Snorkel in warm crystal clear water and take in the Andaman undersea world
- Take a relaxing sail to our lunch spot at the next island
- Lunch ashore at a beach bar, resort, or hang out aboard to chill with a novel
- Lounge, explore, or do some fun activities
- Another short sail through sparkling turquoise waters to our mooring for the night
- Sundowners on the aft deck
- Look around, breathe, and realize you are really here
- Grilled dinner aboard or dining ashore at famous waterfront restaurants
- Star gaze on the bow
- Be gently rocked to sleep not knowing what time it is
- Wake up without an alarm – refer to number two above – repeat
- Andaman Sea passages
- Many areas with line of sight navigation
- Beautiful hidden beaches
- Awesome night life ashore
- Elephant encounters
- Snorkeling with manta rays
- Year round destination
- Friendly people
- Tasty Thai cuisine
- Whale shark diving and snorkeling
- Great for individuals, singles, couples, families, and groups
- Relaxing warm crystal clear waters and white sand beaches
- And adding your activity to this list!
Phuket is a southern province of Thailand and includes the rainforested, mountainous island of Phuket, Thailand’s largest island. The island of Phuket lies off the west coast of Thailand in the Andaman Sea, a marginal sea of the eastern Indian Ocean. Hundreds of uninhabited islands and islets reside in this area including numerous Thai National Park preserves. To the southeast of Phuket island are the Phi Phi islands and other coral islands which are part of Krabi province. Coastal island regions are characterized by coral sand beaches, mangrove forests and seagrass meadows. Offshore preserves are rich in coral reefs and spectacular topography. Navigation amid island groups is often line of sight.
The climate of Phuket is driven by the monsoons of Southeast Asia. Daytime temperatures from July to February average 89° F (32° C), from March to June it’s a bit warmer. Winds range from 5 – 20 knots – SW from May to October and NE from November to April when winds tend to be lighter. The wind system over the area reverses every year. During the winter months the wind comes out of the NE and reverses to SW in the summer. March is a terrific time to visit because precipitation is low, day time temperatures average 91° F, evening lows around 77°, and winds are predominantly E in the beginning of March shifting to SW 5 – 15 knots. Tides run between 3 and 10 feet. And then there’s the almost unbelievable water temperature averaging 90° F in the month of March. Whether you’re swimming, snorkeling, or just splashing shore side in the crystal clear water, there’s no wetsuits required.
Our charter base at Ao Po Grand Marina, Phuket is currently scheduled to re-open November 24, 2020.
Valid passports are required for travel to Thailand – your passport must be valid at the time of entry and good for 6 months past your departure date from Thailand.
Visas are not required for U.S. citizen tourists entering Thailand for fewer than 30 days.
Ensure you have your return flight ticket available for Thai immigration and airline personnel.
The Royal Thai Government is continuing to determine requirements for entry related to Covid-19. When international travelers are once again allowed to enter Thailand, a Certificate of Entry / Thailand Health Declaration / Medical Certificate for General Passenger will be required for entry. These documents will certify that each traveler is free of Covid-19 by providing a negative Covid-19 test (PCR or serology) completed not more than 72 hours before departure for Thailand. Health screening procedures and Covid-19 testing is in place at airports and other ports of entry. We will continue to monitor the requirements for entry and update this information as it changes. Visit th.usembassy.gov for more details.
When you entrust us with your invaluable vacation time, we want you to feel confident in those travel plans. To ensure you are informed, we wanted to share with you our Covid-19 safety protocols and procedures. These protocols follow the emerging CLIA standards as well as procedures implemented internationally by world renowned vacation charter companies following WHO and CDC guidelines.
- The Royal Thai Government requires a negative Covid-19 test for entry into the country. All Guests and Crew will be required to provide a negative Covid-19 test result no later than 72 hours prior to the charter embarkation. If arriving in Thailand within 72 hours of embarkation, the same test result used to gain entry into Thailand can be used for the charter as well. For those entering Thailand earlier in advance of 72 hours, an additional test for the charter must be completed in Thailand within 72 hours of embarkation.
- The Royal Thai Government provides directives for face covering, social distancing, and other protocols as required for shore excursions and onboard. All Guests and Crew will be instructed on the updated directives to follow.
- Physical distancing measures will be implemented on board, where feasible.
- Air management and ventilation strategies to increase fresh air in the vessel will be implemented onboard, where feasible.
- Daily temperature checks will be required on board for all Guests and Crew.
- Pre-planning advisement for Guests and Crew tailored to boat and location will be available to assist each individual aboard in the event that they wish to seek support for Covid-19 related circumstances such as medical facilities, private transportation providers, and other support. Each person aboard will be responsible for arranging their own plans and assume all associated costs.
- Crew will ensure to review and keep all Guests updated with local authorities’ recommendations related to safe shore excursions and safety protocols in the area.
- The charter company that provides the boat will confirm their strict adherence to WHO / CDC guidelines for their charter company staff PPE, marina base social distancing, and cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing their boat interiors, kitchen ware, and bedding.
- The above enhanced health and safety measures are taken for all Guests and Crew. However, an inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Covid-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By sailing aboard as a charter Guest or Crew you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to Covid-19.
The unit of currency in Thailand is the Baht. Credit cards are accepted only at larger resorts and restaurants. Keep in mind that small establishments along the cruising grounds have no way of handling card transactions so it is recommended to complete your money exchange prior to departure. At the time of this writing $1 USD was roughly equivalent to 30 Baht. A good rule of thumb is to plan for approximately 1000 Baht per person per day.
The official language of Thailand is Thai, and English.
Thailand Adventure Sailing Package
8 days / 7 nights
$4,295 per person, based on double occupancy.
Children ages 4 to 12 are 50% adult fare, children 3 and under are free. One child can be included in a full fare double occupancy stateroom with a parent or guardian.
- Bookings can only be taken for full staterooms, not for individual berths.
- 50% deposit due upon booking, staterooms cannot be held without a deposit.
- Specific stateroom will be assigned at a later time, based on availability.
- Once all staterooms have been booked, potential Guests that express interest will be added to a wait list.
- The final 50% balance is due no later than 120 days prior to the sail date, November 20, 2021. These trips are popular so please keep in mind that to retain your stateroom all balances must be paid on time.
- Guest Cancellation Fees:
- This section covers fees associated with Guest cancellations prior to the sail date. For charter company postponements due to Covid-19 related circumstances, see our Peace of Mind Charter Postponement Policy section below.
- We offer industry standard cancellation policies for our guests. If you cancel your booking 120 days or less from the sail date, the below fees will apply.
- Up to 120 days in advance of the sail date (up to and including November 20, 2021): If you cancel 120 days or earlier before the sail date we will refund your payment, less the 5% credit card processing fee we are charged.
- 119 to 91 days in advance of the sail date (between November, 21, 2021 and December 19, 2021): If you cancel between 119 days and 91 days prior to the sail date a 50% cancellation fee (50% of the total charter fee) will be applied.
- 90 or less days in advance of the sail date (December 20, 2021 or later): Following the standard that’s common in the charter and cruising industry there are no refunds available if you were to cancel 90 days or later before the sail date. However, there is always the possibility that someone on the wait list, or someone else who has interest, may be able to fill your spot – if they do we are happy to refund your charter fee (less the 5% credit card processing fee we are charged.) Naturally there’s no guarantee that your spot can be filled at this late date so this is where a Travel Protection Insurance Policy can assist in refunding your costs.
- Travel Protection Insurance: We understand that plans change, especially during these challenging times. Although not required, we do recommend that you consider Travel Protection Insurance to cover the voyage costs should your schedule change unexpectedly due to medical or other covered circumstances. Travel Protection Insurance is not included in our voyage pricing. If you elect to purchase a separate Travel Protection Insurance policy, consult the details of the policy related to Covid-19. Be sure you understand how your policy handles cancellation of your trip due to a general concern over travel, country lockdown events, airline denial of boarding due to temperature checks, if you were to contract Covid-19 before or during your travels, and other Covid-19 related circumstances.
- Peace of Mind Charter Postponement Policy Due to Covid-19: We want you to feel confident in your travel plans. To further provide you with peace of mind, we are offering the following terms for Guests that have paid in full:
- If our charter provider confirms they cannot operate the charter due to local government restrictions, or
- If our charter Guests and Crew are unable to reach our destination due to confirmed border closures, or if the US Department of State issues a “Level 4 – Do Not Travel” advisory against all travel to our booked destination AND such measures or advice is confirmed to still be in place on our date of departure, then,
- In either of the above two cases, we will postpone the departure date of the charter for another date within 12 months from our original departure date at no cost to you. Providing that your balance has been paid in full, your stateroom will be held for you and guaranteed for the rescheduled sail date. If the above two circumstances remain in place through the newly rescheduled date, a new travel date will again be determined at no cost to you. (See cancellation policies above for balances that are not paid in full or for guest cancellations not specified in this Peace of Mind Charter Postponement Policy.)
- Thailand Required Covid-19 Testing, Entry Procedures, and Policies: The Royal Thai Government requires a medical certificate attesting to a negative Covid-19 test completed within 72 hours prior to departure for Thailand. All Guests are advised that mandatory testing, face coverings, social distancing, and other measures that the Thai government may require are each Guest’s responsibility to provide and adhere to. Bluewater Sailing, its staff, representatives and/or charter crew, does not guarantee entry into Thailand nor does it protect Guests from fines imposed by the Thai government for non-compliance of Thailand Covid-19 policies.
- All the above details including rates, fees, policies, options, vessels, accommodation plans, voyage itineraries, and travel dates are subject to change without notice.