Private Courses & Bring Your Own Boat
Bluewater students sailing in Santa Monica Bay
There are many reasons students choose private course over group courses. Private courses allow you the flexibility to choose your own schedule, learn at your own pace and literally be in the driver’s seat 100% of the time.
We offer private instruction at every level, either on our boats or yours, if you own a boat. We often teach private courses midweek, but we can accommodate weekends sessions with advance notice.
Private ASA 101 Course Details
- Beginner’s Course (ASA 101)
- Our private ASA 101 course is designed so that everything you learn from day one will be true for every boat you ever sail. Our aim is to help you achieve your goals. We are your mentors and want you to enjoy sailing safely. Each course normally consists of four to five lessons, approximately 4 hours each. You set the schedule.
There is nothing like a private lesson. Our focus is your success. We have designed a comprehensive curriculum, but the pace is yours. Private sessions are scheduled as your life dictates.
The curriculum is scheduled in four individual sessions. Each instructional session is typically four hours, but we have some flexibility to schedule shorter or longer individual lessons based on the topic and schedule.
The private program allows you to select dates and times. We schedule appointments seven days a week. Weekend appointments should be arranged well in advance. If you need to change or cancel a lesson, we require at least a 48-hour notice.
The all in price for one person is $4,960.00 Tuition for two people adds $600.00, for a total of $5560.00. Minors learning with parents, sail for free! Since the program is modular, optional packages are available to fit your goals, timing, and budget.
• A 50% deposit is due when you enroll in a private training program.
• The balance of the tuition is due at the time of the first class.
Share the class with a friend or two and save! Call 310-823-5545 for more information.
Discounts are available for multi-person private classes.
Tuition includes 20 hours of instructional time, directed practice time, a graduation charter, an ASA certification, ASA Log book, a textbook, an annual membership in Bluewater Sailing’s bareboat charter program, and all state, local, county taxes and surcharges.
All sales are final. Deposits and payments are non-refundable.
Private Advanced Course Details
- More Advanced Courses (ASA 103 and beyond)
- We utilize our fleet of boats from 27′ – 41′ or teach you on your own boat. These lessons are organized to reinforce your skills and comfortably take you to the next level. We will be able to witness your individual sailing skills and practice what you want to learn. Sometimes the sea can be intimidating, making good decisions and feeling safe in a variety of conditions is our goal and key to your future sailing fun.
Private Course Pricing
|* Textbooks and ASA certification and processing are optional|
|ASA 101 – Basic Keelboat||$ASK|
|ASA 103 – Basic Coastal Cruising||$ASK|
|ASA 104 – Bareboat Cruising||$ASK|
|ASA 105 – Coastal Navigation||$ASK|
|ASA 106 – Advanced Coastal Cruising||$ASK|
|Celestial Navigation Intro||$ASK|
|Marine Weather Intro||$ASK|
|ASA 118 – Docking Endorsement||$ASK|
Bring Your Own Boat
For those of you who have made the leap to boat ownership, congratulations! We understand that there may be a lot to learn about operating your vessel. If you’re new to sailing, or you’ve been doing it for a while, having a professional mariner teach you on your own boat will enhance your enjoyment of your investment. Of course, we do have to make sure that the vessel is safe and adheres to the US Coast Guard’s rules. So, the best thing to do is to call us to discuss goals, pricing and to make an inspection of the vessel. We currently serve Marina Del Rey and Redondo Beach for this service.
|Bring Your Own Boat||Price|
|* Instructor Fees only. Textbooks and ASA certification and processing are optional.|
|Individual & Weekday Rate||$138/hr|