Master the Art of Flying the Spinnaker!
Our Spinnaker Training course is a great introduction for anyone who is interested in how to manage these beautiful downwind sails.
A great course to take in tandem with our Intro to Sail Racing!
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
UPCOMING SPINNAKER COURSES
Or call +1 (310) 823-5545 for more information.
Spinnaker Training Details
Our Spinnaker Training course will introduce you to the world of downwind sailing beneath a beautiful spinnaker! Included in your tuition is:
- 4 hours of on the water instruction
- Training on downwind tactics by a knowledgeable instructor with racing experience
- Hands on experience rigging, hoisting, jibing, and dousing the spinnaker
- Spinnaker lines
- Rigging the spinnaker pole
- How to hoist and douse a spinnaker
- How to jibe a spinnaker
- Running the foredeck crew
- Downwind tactics
- How to recover from “hour-glassing”
- Use of a jib whisker pole
- Safety procedures
This course is usually assembled due to demand for the subject. If you are interested in this course, contact us for more details.
Private courses are also available. Contact us for more details.
|* ASA certification and processing are optional|
|ASA certification and processing:||($85)*|