Intro to Celestial Navigation
Navigate by the Sun, the Moon and the Stars!
Our Celestial Navigation course teaches you the theory of navigating by the sun, moon and stars in a classroom environment, and the practical application of it in offshore conditions.
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
Or call +1 (310) 823-5545 for more information.
Our Celestial Navigation course will teach you the skills you need to navigate anywhere in the world the old-school way – using the sun, moon and stars. Included in your tuition is:
- 16+ Hours of classroom instruction.
- 16+ Hours of on-the-water instruction
- With an American Sailing Association certification (optional) you’ll receive their official log book, certification documents, monthly publication and more.
- Use of a Sextant
- Understanding Celestial Almanacs
- Latitude and Longitude
- Convert longitude into time
- Convert standard time and zone time to GMT and vice versa
- Crew overboard prevention and recovery
- Calculate the zone time given longitude
- Determine the latitude at twilight by means of the Pole Star
- Solve the navigational triangle using a navigation table
- Plot celestial lines of position on a Mercator projection
The nature of this course and the frequency with which we hold these classes usually dictate that they are not regularly calendared events, and are more assembled due to demand for the subject. If you are interested in this course, contact us for more details.
Private courses are also available. Contact us for more details.
|* Textbook / Tools and ASA certification and processing are optional|
|Textbook / Tools:||($ASK)*|
|ASA certification and processing:||($85)*|