Learn How to Enter a Port at Night!
We will set sail late in the afternoon, watch the sun set, and then sail back into the harbor at night! An awesome day of sailing!
You will learn practical navigation skills for night and limited visibility navigation.
Prerequisites: ASA 103 – Basic Coastal Cruising
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
Or call +1 (310) 823-5545 for more information.
Practical Navigation Details
Our Practical Navigation course will introduce you to navigating at night or limited visibility. Your tuition includes:
- 5 hours of on the water instruction
- Opportunity to sail larger boats
- See Los Angeles lit up at night from the water
- Planning an hourly voyage plan
- Determining weather and sea state impacts
- Plotting your course to several waypoints
- Planning for aids to navigation and obstacles
- Understanding the role of navigation tools and electronic systems
- Reviewing high level celestial navigation topics
Group classes typically take place in the evening from 4:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
Private courses are also available. Contact us for more details.
|* ASA certification and processing are optional|
|ASA certification and processing:||($85)*|