ASA 114 - Cruising Catamaran
Learn the Fundamentals of Catamaran Sailing!
This one day course will introduce you to catamaran bareboat chartering. You’ll learn about catamaran sailing, catamaran-specific boat systems, anchoring with a bridle, docking and maneuvering with twin sail drives, and living aboard. You’ll learn what you need to know in order to plan a weekend or longer voyage with family and friends on a 40′ catamaran.
This is an 8 hour course held on one day.
Prerequisites: ASA 104: Bareboat Cruising
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Or call +1 (310) 823-5545 for more information.
Our Cruising Catamaran course will prepare you to skipper a larger 40′ catamaran with a more experienced crew in near coastal, overnight conditions. Included in your tuition is:
- 8 Hours of on-the-water instruction
- Membership in our Bareboat Chartering Club—As long as you remain a student you will always receive chartering privileges. This is a value of $300 per year.
- With an American Sailing Association certification (optional) you’ll receive their official log book, certification documents, monthly publication and more.
- Catamaran Terminology
- Catamaran Features & Performance
- Catamaran Systems
- Anchoring with a Bridle
- Power Handling and Docking with Twin Sail Drives
- Heavy Weather Operation & Emergency Response
This course is usually assembled due to demand for the subject. If you are interested in this course, contact us for more details.
Private courses are also available. Contact us for more details.
|* Textbook and ASA certification and processing are optional|
|ASA certification and processing:||($85)*|