ASA 111G - In Depth: Crew Overboard
Learn the Fundamentals of Ocean Rescue
The In Depth: Crew Overboard course is for all boaters, sailors and powerboaters, to both sharpen and broaden their ocean rescue skills. Learn what the newest research recommends. How to know how long you have to get back to the victim. How to prepare your crew or be prepared yourself for overboard emergencies. What’s the fastest way to get back to the victim.
This is a hands on course in ocean waters. We will recover floats used as stand-ins for an actual victim.
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
Or call +1 (310) 823-5545 for more information.
Our In Depth: Crew Overboard course will sharpen your recovery skills. Included in your tuition is:
- 4 hours of on the water ocean rescue training
- Sailing and motoring on larger boats
- Written reference materials and a plan for continued rescue education
- The statistics behind successful rescues, safety gear, hypothermia, and more
- Training your crew for overboard emergencies
- Use of MOB button, personal locator beacons, new PFDs and tethers
- Recovering a victim under power and under sail in various sea states
- Techniques for hoisting a victim out of the water
- Emergency procedures and recovery techniques for night or limited visibility
This course is usually assembled due to demand for the subject. If you are interested in this course, contact us for more details.
Private courses are also available. Contact us for more details.
Although combo packages are not available for this course, we do offer many other combo options that will save you money. Contact us for more details.
|* ASA certification and processing are optional|
|ASA certification and processing:||($85)*|
Upcoming 111G Classes
There are no upcoming events at this time.