ASA 104 - Bareboat Cruising
Get Started with Vacation Chartering!
The ASA 104 Bareboat Cruising course is a three-day class to Catalina Island. This trip will prepare you for overnight bareboat chartering. You’ll sail to the island, learning about voyage planning, large boat systems, cooking aboard – basically you’ll learn everything you need to plan a weekend or longer voyage with family and friends.
This is a 30+ hour course that is held over three days with a planning meeting held two weeks prior to departure. Upon graduation of the 104 BBC and 118 Docking Endorsement you will have the bonus of chartering privileges aboard all Bluewater boats up to 36 feet.
Prerequisite: ASA 103 Basic Coastal Cruising
Suggested: ASA 105 Coastal Navigation
Suggested: ASA 118 Docking Endorsement
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
Or call +1 (310) 823-5545 for more information.
Our Bareboat Cruising course will prepare you to skipper a larger 40’+ vessel with a more experienced crew in offshore, overnight conditions. Included in your tuition is:
- 30+ Hours of on-the-water instruction
- Membership in our Bareboat Chartering Club—As long as you remain a student you will always receive chartering privileges. This is a value of $300 per year.
- With an American Sailing Association certification (optional) you’ll receive their official log book, certification documents, monthly publication and more.
- Voyage planning
- Crew training and expectation setting
- Large boat systems
- Boat handling and seamanship
- Navigation and landfall
- Auto pilots
- Emergency preparedness
- Mooring and anchoring
- Overnight living aboard
- Managing your resources, including:
Group classes typically take place over three days – one weekend. (A Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
Private courses are also available. Contact us for more details.
|* Textbook and ASA certification and processing are optional|
|ASA certification and processing:||($85)*|