Charter Fleet Policies
Bluewater has Chartered to Sailors from Over 65 Countries!
Bluewater Sailing offers high quality boats for use by students and friends. Our Marina Del Rey sailing location is close to Los Angeles, Long Beach, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Culver City, Malibu, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, Pacific Palisades and the San Fernando Valley. Get out and do some enjoyable navigation, whale watching or a romantic cruise on an outstanding sailboat!
Fun travel destinations and adventure sailing vacations can include Pacific sailing charters for enjoyable cruising in Santa Monica Bay, Catalina Island, Channel Islands and Southern California sailing down the coast to San Diego or boating up to Ventura and Santa Barbara.
Superb boats are available on a half day, daily or overnight basis to our students and friends for sailing in the harbor, on the ocean or off to Catalina Island and beyond! Our fleet of exceptionally well maintained boats are available throughout the year. Outstanding vessel types for your boating and sailing interests include Catalinas, ranging in size from 22′ to 36′. Apply those nautical marlinespike seamanship skills to your next California recreational sailing vacation. You can arrange your own special trip, perfectly designed to suit your needs. We also charter more than 1,200 yachts in 40+ other cruising destinations around the world!
Or call +1 (310) 823-5545 for more information.
Charter Fleet Policies Details
Bluewater Sailing offers an entire spectrum of bareboat usage, skippered yacht charters, group courses and private lessons from beginning to advanced; racing, ocean crossing skills and professional yachtmaster. Our comprehensive collection of choices is designed to provide our friends with a wide variety of interesting, enjoyable and challenging sail and power options throughout their time on the wonderful waters ( usually warm and sunny ) of Southern California.
Professional Maritime Services for over 40 Years !
1. 50% non-refundable and non-transferable deposit required to schedule class or reserve charter.
2. Linen service and / or dinghy available upon request.
3. Please call to inquire about Overnight Charters, Checkout Requirements, Annual Membership and Refueling.
4. All sales final. No cash, check or credit card refunds.
5. Cancellation more than 60 days: full credit for future class or charter. Credits good for one year.
6. Cancellation less than 60 days: no credit unless we can fill your time slot.
7. Rates, terms, or boats subject to change without notice.
8. Charter start & completion times leave and depart from Marina del Rey.
9. Classes or charters subject to change without notice or rescheduled at Bluewater’s sole discretion due to safety, weather or other factors.
- All sales are final. No cash, check or credit card refunds.
- Cancellations more than 60 days before scheduled class or charter:
FULL CREDIT ( no refund ) for future class or charter; credits are good for six (6) months.
- Cancellations less than 60 days before scheduled class or charter:
NO CREDIT ( no refund ) unless we can fill your time slot.
- Combination Class Package, not yet scheduled:
NO CREDIT OR REFUND
- Bluewater’s Weather Guaranteed Protection Plan:
If it is raining or Small Craft Warnings in Marina del Rey at the time of your appointment, you can always reschedule with no problems ! ! ( please refer to BWS weather policy for more details )
- 50% non-refundable deposit required to schedule or hold class, with balance due before start of first class.
- Full Day Bareboat: 1000 – Sunset
- Overnight ( but not Daysail ) Bareboat are expected to pump holding tanks and fill diesel fuel tanks at completion of day.
- Daysail Fuel Fee: $ 20 / day, $ 15 / half day
- ½ Day Rates can only be reserved 72 hours in advance: ( approximate, please call for exact times for each month )
- Summer: 1000 – 1400 or 1430 – Sunset
- Winter: 1000 – 1300 or 1330 – Sunset
- Full Day Skipper: 8 hours.
- Visa, Master Card & American Express accepted for amounts over $25.
- Gift Certificates good for one year.
- Combination packages are good for one year from first class.
- Charter start & completion times leave & depart from Bluewater Sailing Office in Marina del Rey.
- Daily or Multi-day Rates.
- Open 7 days a week.
- Classes or usage prices subject to change without notice or cancellation at Bluewater Sailing discretion due to safety, weather or other factors.
- All prices do not include Marina del Rey/LA County surcharge ( there is no state sales tax on usage).
- Rates, terms, policies, course outlines or boats subject to change without notice.
- Overnight mooring fees, provisioning, overnight skipper, additional crew and overnight boat fees or charges if applicable.
Bluewater Weather Guaranteed Protection Plan:
If it is raining or if Small Craft Warnings are running at the time of your charter, you can always reschedule with no problems ! !