Adventure Sailing Charter in Thailand
Highlights: Phuket, Koh Hong, Krabi, Phi Phi Don, Racha Yai, and more
Choose your dates!
Call for charter pricing
Nestled in the heart of Southeast Asia, Thailand is home to unparalleled tropical beauty. The cruising grounds off the east coast of the island of Phuket are among the finest anywhere in the world. Towering limestone pinnacles jut from the emerald-colored waters of the sheltered Phang-nga Bay. To the south, the Phi Phi islands stand as the jewels of the Andaman Sea. More than 130 picturesque islands, offshore marine preserves known internationally for the world’s top scuba diving sites, secure anchorages, pristine white-sand beaches, sumptuous cuisine, and lively night life are all parts of this once in a lifetime experience in the Land of Smiles. If you’ve been waiting for an opportunity to head out on a sailing adventure that traverses one of the most exotic locations on earth with stunning scenery and easy passages – this is your trip.
Day 1 – Phuket Island
Phuket is a southern province of Thailand and includes the rainforested mountainous island of Phuket, Thailand’s largest island. Hundreds of uninhabited islands and islets reside in this area including numerous Thai National Park preserves. The Phuket International Airport is a short cab ride to many marinas near by.
Day 2 – Ko Phi Phi Don
Cross the Andaman Sea to the south and spend the day cruising picture perfect islands that give these cruising grounds its unique character. Then on to the amazing Tonsai Bay at Ko Phi Phi Don for one of the best beaches in Southeast Asia.
Day 3 – Ko Phi Phi Don
Snorkelers and scuba divers can discover one of the most diverse sea life locations in the Andaman Sea. Or explore the island, lounge under a palm, or take a stroll on the white sand beach. Enjoy dinner ashore amid Ko Phi Phi Don’s awesome night life.
Day 4 – Ko Lanta
Settle into this relaxing and tranquil location. Visit traditional villages, hike the rainforest, kayak the river, or enjoy amazing local cuisine. This is another must-see for divers, with manta rays and giant whale sharks. Be sure to bring your cameras!
Day 5 – Ko Muk
Southeast round the coast of Ko Lanta Yai reveals the gem of Ko Muk. Situated amid a group of pristine islets, this is the place to unwind and take in the sheer beauty of powder fine beaches, and the spectacular Emerald Cave.
Day 6 – Ko Racha Yai
West across the Andaman Sea, past dramatic and untouched islands, lies the crystal clear waters of Ko Racha Yai. Try your hand at fishing here for mahi-mahi, sailfish, or giant trevally, or dive the underwater sculpture park. The beautiful beaches and coves of Ko Racha Yai await.
Day 7 – Ko Naka Noi
Ko Naka Noi lies just off Phuket island. A perfect place to enjoy your last day and evening aboard. Sunbathe on the beach, snorkel, paddleboard, or rent a Hobie cat!
Day 8 – Phuket Island
Though it’s time to bid your fellow crew mates adieu the memories made will last a lifetime. It’s time to start planning the next trip!
* Note: Sample itinerary includes highlights of the destination but is subject to change based on actual voyage plan, weather, destination, charter company instructions, and/or other factors.
Your Adventure Sailing charter pricing includes:
- A well deserved vacation!
- Your charter yacht (depending upon your group size there can be 3 or 4 cabin sailing catamarans – often featuring centrally controlled air conditioning, large hull window with privacy curtains, individually controlled air fans, LED reading lights, hanging and storage lockers, bedding collection and towel sets, each cabin with en-suite bathroom and shower with vanity.)
- All provisions for preparing meals and beverages aboard (excluding alcoholic beverages)
- Dinghy is included for all charters
- Pre-departure chart briefing.
- Covid-19 cleaning safety protocols, preparedness, and procedures.
- Vessel cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting of boat interiors, kitchen ware, and bedding.
- All charter taxes, fees, mooring, and port expenses.
- For an additional fee you can also include a charter skipper – your skipper can take care of all the details for leading and managing the sailing, navigation planning, charter coordination, and vessel management for your charter.
- To really kick into full vacation mode, an onboard chef can be added as well for an additional fee.
- If you elect to add a charter skipper you may also have the opportunity to expand your on-the-water skills in a casual and fun atmosphere. Learn by doing and expand your knowledge on topics such as: sailing catamarans vs. monohulls, voyage planning, navigation, marine weather, oceanography, cooking aboard, snorkeling and scuba diving, local knowledge, and much more.
The following services are not included in the charter price:
- Air travel, baggage fees / taxes.
- Land / sea taxi transfers.
- Dining and bar service ashore.
- Alcoholic beverages onboard.
- Land / sea shore excursions such as: scuba diving, jeep or boat tours, taxis, kayak rentals, deep sea fishing, or other activities or rentals such as: dive gear and wetsuits. However, we can certainly assist you in arranging these services.
- Internet access or use of your smartphone.
- Laundry services.
- ASA / PADI certification courses / fees.
- Travel interruption / vacation protection insurance.
- Charter skipper and/or cook can be added for an additional fee. (service gratuities for onboard crew are not included)
- Medical services and transportation. (Including Covid-19 related services, transportation, quarantine period / location, required testing, or other related costs. Consider a Travel Protection Insurance Policy for coverage in some of these and other areas.)
- Wake up without an alarm
- Feel the tropical breeze in your hair while enjoying your sumptuous breakfast
- Snorkel in warm crystal clear water and take in the Andaman undersea world
- Sail to a lunch spot at the next island
- Lunch ashore at a beach bar, resort, or hang out aboard to chill with a novel
- Lounge, explore, or do some fun activities
- Take a short sail through sparkling turquoise waters to your anchorage for the night
- Sundowners on the aft deck
- Look around, breathe, and realize you are really here
- Grilled dinner aboard or dining ashore at famous waterfront restaurants
- Star gaze on the bow
- Be gently rocked to sleep not knowing what time it is
- Wake up without an alarm – refer to number two above – repeat
- Andaman Sea passages
- Many areas with line of sight navigation
- Beautiful hidden beaches
- Awesome night life ashore
- Elephant encounters
- Snorkeling with manta rays
- Year round destination
- Friendly people
- Tasty Thai cuisine
- Whale shark diving and snorkeling
- Great for individuals, singles, couples, families, and groups
- Relaxing warm crystal clear waters and white sand beaches
- And adding your activity to this list!
Phuket is a southern province of Thailand and includes the rainforested, mountainous island of Phuket, Thailand’s largest island. The island of Phuket lies off the west coast of Thailand in the Andaman Sea, a marginal sea of the eastern Indian Ocean. Hundreds of uninhabited islands and islets reside in this area including numerous Thai National Park preserves. To the southeast of Phuket island are the Phi Phi islands and other coral islands which are part of Krabi province. Coastal island regions are characterized by coral sand beaches, mangrove forests and seagrass meadows. Offshore preserves are rich in coral reefs and spectacular topography. Navigation amid island groups is often line of sight.
The climate of Phuket is driven by the monsoons of Southeast Asia. Daytime temperatures from July to February average 89° F (32° C), from March to June it’s a bit warmer. Winds range from 5 – 20 knots – SW from May to October and NE from November to April when winds tend to be lighter. The wind system over the area reverses every year. During the winter months the wind comes out of the NE and reverses to SW in the summer. March is a terrific time to visit because precipitation is low, day time temperatures average 91° F, evening lows around 77°, and winds are predominantly E in the beginning of March shifting to SW 5 – 15 knots. Tides run between 3 and 10 feet. And then there’s the almost unbelievable water temperature averaging 90° F in the month of March. Whether you’re swimming, snorkeling, or just splashing shore side in the crystal clear water, there’s no wetsuits required.
Valid passports are required for travel to Thailand – your passport must be valid at the time of entry and good for 6 months past your departure date from Thailand.
Visas are not required for U.S. citizen tourists entering Thailand for fewer than 30 days.
Ensure you have your return flight ticket available for Thai immigration and airline personnel.
The unit of currency in Thailand is the Baht. Credit cards are accepted only at larger resorts and restaurants. Keep in mind that small establishments along the cruising grounds have no way of handling card transactions so it is recommended to complete your money exchange prior to departure. At the time of this writing $1 USD was roughly equivalent to 30 Baht. A good rule of thumb is to plan for approximately 1000 Baht per person per day.
The official language of Thailand is Thai, and English.
- Bookings can only be taken for full vessel / staterooms, not for individual berths.
- 50% deposit due upon booking. Vessel cannot be held without a deposit.
- Deposits and charter balances can can be paid online. Give us a call for more details.
- Specific staterooms can be assigned upon boarding.
- The final 50% balance is due no later than 120 days prior to the sail date. This destination is popular so please keep in mind that to retain the vessel all balances must be paid on time.
- Travel Protection Insurance and Cancellation Coverage: The charter industry is experiencing rapid change regarding travel booking and safety protocols. Each charter guest is recommended to carry a Travel Protection Insurance policy to cover costs related to unexpected schedule changes and/or cancellations. Travel Protection Insurance is not included in the charter pricing. When you purchase a separate Travel Protection Insurance policy, consult the details of the policy related to Covid-19 and other covered circumstances. Be sure you understand how your policy reimburses costs due to cancellation of your trip for family or medical issues, a general concern over travel, country lockdown events, airline denial of boarding due to temperature checks, if you were to contract Covid-19 before or during your travels, or other Covid-19 related circumstances.
- Peace of Mind Charter Postponement Policy Due to Covid-19: We want you to feel confident in your travel plans. To further provide you with peace of mind, we are offering the following terms for charter guests that have paid in full:
- If the charter provider confirms they cannot operate the charter due to local government restrictions, or
- If your charter guests and crew are unable to reach the destination due to confirmed border closures, or if the US Department of State issues a “Level 4 – Do Not Travel” advisory against all travel to our booked destination AND such measures or advice is confirmed to still be in place on our date of departure, then,
- In either of the above two cases, we will postpone the departure date of the charter for another date within 12 months from our original departure date at no cost to you. Providing that your balance has been paid in full, your vessel will be held for you and guaranteed for the rescheduled sail date. If the above two circumstances remain in place through the newly rescheduled date, a new travel date will again be determined at no cost to you.
- All payments are non-refundable. (See Travel Protection Insurance and Cancellation Coverage for details on reimbursing charter fees.)
- All the above details including charter rates, fees, policies, health & safety protocols, destination requirements, charter options, vessels, accommodation plans, voyage itineraries, and travel dates are subject to change without notice.