3 Day / 2 Night Catalina Island Adventure Sailing
Southern California Coastal Waters, Pacific Ocean
Island ports: Avalon and Isthmus Cove
3 Days – 2 Nights
Year round voyages – call 310-823-5545 for dates
$2,350 per person, based on two cabins double occupancy
50% deposit due upon booking.
Your Catalina voyage includes up to three days of sailing, two different ports, and tons of fun! Sail the passage across the San Pedro Channel and be transported to a land far from the crowds. Santa Catalina is a must for cruisers in Southern California. Both of our ports of call offer unique experiences, from Avalon’s great restaurants, shopping and site-seeing, to the serenity and island beach bar vibe of Isthmus Cove. You’ll feel you’ve truly gotten away from it all on this beautiful island amid the Pacific. Welcome aboard!
Or call +1 (310) 823-5545 for more information.
Catalina Island Details
Day 1 – Marina del Rey to Isthmus Cove
The start of this adventure begins at Marina del Rey Harbor, just a short cab ride from LAX. Checkin is 7:00 AM at Bluewater Sailing, 13505 Bali Way, Marina del Rey, (310) 823-5545. You’ll be greeted at the Bluewater office by your voyage captain and the Bluewater staff where you’ll complete some quick paperwork and load your gear aboard the boat. Departure time is 9:00 AM. From there you’ll sail out of Santa Monica Bay, across the San Pedro Channel, to your Isthmus Cove mooring on Catalina Island. There you can head ashore for dinner at the famous Harbor Reef Restaurant. Enjoy a tranquil evening aboard under the stars.
Day 2 – Isthmus Cove to Avalon
Another great day of sailing and sight seeing ahead! You’ll depart Isthmus after breakfast and head south east along the coast of Catalina to take in a view of the island few see! A few hour transit and you’ll arrive at your mooring in Avalon or Descanso Beach. A quick shore boat ride and you’ll be perusing the island sites, gift shops, and pubs. Enjoy dinner ashore this evening at one of the many outdoor waterfront restaurants.
Day 3 – Catalina to Marina del Rey
A final breakfast aboard and the time has come for another full day of sailing! After breakfast, you’ll point north to Marina del Rey. A day’s sail will have you back at the dock in MDR around 5:00 PM. Though it’s time to say goodbye to good friends, it’s also time to start planning the next trip!
Our Adventure Sailing voyage pricing includes:
- A well deserved sailing adventure!
- Your berth and personal storage area. (As each group is different, the makeup of each group will determine stateroom vs. main saloon accommodations.) The boat has one head (toilet) shared by all. (For those that wish to shower, there are shower facilities on shore in Avalon and Isthmus.)
- All breakfasts and lunches aboard. (excluding two dinners ashore)
- 24-hour use of the galley and all public spaces.
- 24-hour beverages aboard. (excluding alcohol)
- 24-hour snacks aboard.
- Catalina shore boat transportation for planned voyage activities.
- Professional Charter Captain – US Coast Guard credentialed and ASA Sailing Instructor. (Some captains are also PADI Scuba Diving Instructors.) Your captain will take care of the details for leading and managing the sailing, voyage planning, charter coordination, and vessel management for your voyage.
- Opportunity to expand your on-the-water skills in a casual and fun atmosphere. Learn by doing and expand your knowledge on topics such as: sailing monohulls, voyage planning, navigation, marine weather, oceanography, snorkeling and scuba diving, and much more.
- Taking part as crew in all the sailing activities!
- Pre-departure chart briefing at Bluewater Sailing base.
- Covid-19 cleaning safety protocols, preparedness, and procedures.
- Vessel cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting of boat interiors, kitchen ware, and bedding.
- All charter taxes, fees, mooring, and port expenses.
The following services are not included in the voyage price:
- Air Travel to/from So Cal.
- Land / sea taxi transfers.
- Dining and bar service ashore.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Land / sea shore excursions such as: scuba diving, jeep or boat tours, taxis, kayak rentals, deep sea fishing, or other activities or rentals such as: dive gear, snorkeling gear, and wetsuits. However, we can certainly assist you in arranging these services.
- Internet access or use of your smartphone.
- Laundry services.
- ASA / PADI certification courses / fees.
- Travel interruption / vacation protection insurance.
- Onboard Chef.
- Service gratuities for your onboard crew
- Medical services and transportation. (Including Covid-19 related services, transportation, quarantine period / location, required testing, or other related costs. Consider a Travel Protection Insurance Policy for coverage in some of these and other areas.)
The Catalina 36 – 2 Cabins, Sleeps 6
Our Catalina 36 is part of the highly popular Catalina family of sail boats designed and built for cruising. Bluewater has extended the rig to include new chart plotting, navigation instruments, new communications, new canvas dodger and bimini, a nifty single line reefing system, cabin lighting, and much more.
Below decks there’s living and dining space for up to 6 guests plus the captain. The galley has a two burner propane stove, a large ice box, and plenty of storage. Both the galley and the head have pressurized hot and cold running water. And each stateroom has individual private lighting and portholes for ventilation.
You’ll find the Catalina 36 a pleasure to sail. The main is easy to raise and lower, and the jib is easily managed on a roller furler. All sheets lead aft to a spacious cockpit for easy trimming.
Number of Berths: 6
Number of Cabins: 2
Number of Heads: 1
Galley with ice box
Two-burner propane stove
Length Overall: 36.3 ft.
Beam: 11.9 ft.
Draft: 5.4 ft.
Extend your voyage by a day or two and enjoy more of these awesome activities:
- Drinks at Descanso Beach
- Dining at Bluewater Fish in Avalon
- Island Buffalo Tour
- Exploring the mountain running trails at Isthmus
- Renting golf carts
- Scuba Diving off Casino Point
- Renting a motorboat
- Classic fish and chips on the pier
- Hike to Cat Harbor
- Underwater submarine tour
- Shopping, lounging, laughing
- Playing pool and listening to your jukebox selections at Harbor Reef
- Great for Individuals, Singles, Couples, Older Children & Groups
- Add your activity to this list!
Santa Catalina Island is part of the Channel Islands eight-island archipelago in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Southern California. The island is located across the San Pedro Channel 29 miles south-southwest of Long Beach, CA, approximately 38 miles south of Marina del Rey. It is 22 miles long and 8 miles wide at its widest point. The island has a hilly, rugged terrain with low vegetation and is rich in quartz. Since the island was never connected to the mainland, it was originally without any terrestrial life. Many plant and animal species there today arrived either by chance drifting on the wind or sea, or were later introduced by human visitors. Numerous kelp beds ring the island rich with underwater life including Garibaldi, California sea lions and giant sea bass drawing scuba divers year round.
Catalina has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and warmer, dry summers. Day time highs in January average around 60° F, evening lows around 49° F. In July the highs average near 75° F, with lows near 59° F. Precipitation in the winter can be 2 to 3 inches per month with little to no rain in the summer – although coastal fog / marine layer is common in the summer months and can be thick in the morning dissipating by early afternoon. Tides range from 0 to 6 feet. A mile or two off the island, currents generally flow with the prevailing ocean swell coming in from the northwest. Water temperatures in the winter range from 54 to 62° F, and climb to highs in July through September of 68 to 75° F.
Catalina Island is within the waters of Los Angeles County, California – no passports are required for US citizens.
The US Dollar is the currency. Credit cards are widely accepted at establishments on Catalina.
The language is English.
Catalina Island Adventure Sailing Package
3 days / 2 nights
$2,350 per person, based on double occupancy / 2 cabins.
- Bookings can only be taken for full staterooms, not for individual berths.
- 50% deposit due upon booking. Staterooms cannot be held without a deposit.
- Deposits and voyage balances can be paid at our Marina Del Rey office or by calling us at 310-823-5545.
- Specific stateroom will be assigned at a later time, based on availability.
- Once all staterooms have been booked, potential Guests that express interest will be added to a wait list.
- The final 50% balance is due no later than 120 days prior to the sail date. These trips are popular so please keep in mind that to retain your stateroom all balances must be paid on time.
- Travel Protection Insurance and Cancellation Coverage: The charter industry is experiencing rapid change regarding travel booking and safety protocols. For this voyage, each Guest can consider carrying an optional Travel Protection Insurance policy to cover costs related to unexpected schedule changes and/or cancellations. Travel Protection Insurance is not included in our voyage pricing. When you purchase a separate Travel Protection Insurance policy, consult the details of the policy related to Covid-19 and other covered circumstances. Be sure you understand how your policy reimburses costs due to cancellation of your trip for family or medical issues, a general concern over travel, country lockdown events, airline denial of boarding due to temperature checks, if you were to contract Covid-19 before or during your travels, or other Covid-19 related circumstances.
- Peace of Mind Charter Postponement Policy Due to Covid-19: We want you to feel confident in your travel plans. To further provide you with peace of mind, we are offering the following terms for guests that have paid in full:
- If our charter provider confirms they cannot operate the charter due to local government restrictions, or
- If our charter Guests and Crew are unable to reach Los Angeles due to confirmed border closures, or if the US government restricts travel to our booked destination AND such measures or advice is confirmed to still be in place on our date of departure, then,
- In either of the above two cases, we will postpone the departure date of the charter for another date within 12 months from our original departure date at no cost to you. Providing that your balance has been paid in full, your stateroom will be held for you and guaranteed for the rescheduled sail date. If the above two circumstances remain in place through the newly rescheduled date, a new travel date will again be determined at no cost to you.
- All payments are non-refundable. (See Travel Protection Insurance and Cancellation Coverage for details on reimbursing charter fees.)
- All the above details including rates, fees, policies, health & safety protocols, destination requirements, charter options, vessels, accommodation plans, voyage itineraries, and travel dates are subject to change without notice.