Bluewater Sailing offers many types of Skippered Charters
Whether you’re looking to take a day off and relax out on the water, host an event, or learn a little about sailing, a Bluewater skippered charter provides the best value for your charter dollars. Professional USCG captains, ASA certified instructors, maximized time on the water, and a full concierge service.
For personal skippered chartering you can choose from two main charter options: Relax or Host.
1. Relax Charter
Leave the driving to one of our licensed, professional captains.
Looking for a relaxing day on the water? Whether you are visiting Los Angeles, celebrating a special event or simply want to experience Los Angeles from the water's side, a skippered charter is a great way to go.
- You are invited to bring all your favorite food and beverages on board and let your captain point out landmarks such as the Getty, the Hollywood Sign and Griffith Park Observatory while you enjoy a delightful sail up the coast. (We can provide delicious offerings as well, please give us a call to discuss.)
- All of our captains are also experienced, professional teachers. We welcome anyone (even kids!) to take the helm and get a taste of the wonderful sport of sailing. Don’t be surprised if some of our sea lion and dolphin friends follow along on your adventure!
2. Host Charter
A sailing outing with you at the helm and a professional skipper as your crew.
Are you a sailor with experience chartering bareboats but don't want to bother with checkouts and membership fees? Then hosting a skippered charter with Bluewater is for you.
- When you host a skippered charter you can take the helm and sail as much as you like with a professional skipper as your crew. Your skipper will share local knowledge of the area and weather conditions as well as advanced techniques aboard.
- When you’re ready for a break, or want to join your guests, you can relax knowing that a professional skipper is there to take the helm.
- And all skippered charters include our full concierge service. Our skippers set up the boat before you arrive and clean up after you get back to the dock. A turn-key service that maximizes your time on the water!
Or call +1 (310) 823-5545 for more information.
Skippered Charter Details for Personal Chartering
(Mon – Thu)
(F, S, S) or
|Boat Type||Boat Name||Max
|3 Hours||4 Hours||3 Hours||4 Hours|
|Catalina 34′||Cool Change||6||$900||$1016||$990||$1118|
|Catalina 36′||Blue Otter||6||$900||$1016||$990||$1118|
Prices current as of: April 2022
ADD A SAILING LESSON
Interested in adding a sailing lesson to your skippered charter? This is often helpful in preparation for an upcoming class, or as a refresher if you’ve already been through some training. Please give us a call and we can tailor your skippered charter itinerary and boat for your unique goals.
Looking for a skippered charter for your corporate event or team building? Get all the details you need on our Corporate Events page.
A. Skippered Charter Prices include Captain / Skipper for 1 – 6 people
B. Provisioning is not included. Please bring your own special snacks and beverages onboard.
C. Charter prices, terms, and conditions subject to change without notice.
D. 50% Non-Refundable & Non-Transferable Deposit required to schedule the vessel and Captain. Balance due upon arrival. All sales are final.
E. Gratuity for the Captain is not included. Any optional gratuity for exceptional service is always appreciated.
F. We also offer maritime services for Photo shoots, and Film and Television production.
We are very much looking forward to sailing with you!
We are often asked for some guidelines regarding sailing etiquette. The following is a list of items that we have found to be particularly successful over the past 30 years or so of sailing.
-PLEASE FORWARD THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR CREW-
Please Bring (if you wish)
— Protection against the SUN: Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Block, Lip Balm, Water
— Layered Clothing (temperatures may be high, medium or low, all in the same day)
if shorts, also bring long pants
if T-shirt, also bring long shirt, windbreaker, sweatshirt or sweater
— Plan to arrive at Bluewater approximately 15 – 20 minutes early in order to complete any final paperwork
— Food and Drink (white wine, water, soft drinks & beer are OK)
— Black soled shoes or boots (scuff marks), open-toed shoes, hiking boots or high heels
** Flip flops or any type of slip on shoes (unsure footing) **
— Smoking cigarettes, cigars or chew tobacco at any time on board the vessel
— Glass bottles
— Red wine or dark beverages such as cranberry, blueberries and the like to prevent staining the deck
— Hard sided coolers, suitcases, etc. on board
Most people are not susceptible to seasickness. However, if you are concerned about this, the following are the most common remedies:
— Let your Captain know early. He or she will be able to help if you ask early!
— Ask to drive the boat, sit up at the mast
— Definitely stay on deck in the fresh air
— Ginger products may help. Try: Tea, Ale, Snaps, Candied Root
— Medication: Dramamine, Bonine, Marezine & Trans-Scopolamine (prescription only)
— If you plan to medicate, implement only a 50% dose and at least one hour before boarding.)
— Acupressure Wrist Bands
— A good night’s sleep, lack of alcohol and staying active are the best preventions
Hope this information helps. We are looking forward to sailing with you!
Providing Professional Maritime Services for Over 40 Years!
- Special rates available; $495 / overnight surcharge for vessel sizes up to 45′. (Does not include provisioning or beverages.)
- Skipper prices include Captain / Skipper for 1 – 6 people, but not optional gratuity or bareboat Captain for 7 – 12 people.
- Corporate regattas available for business meetings, team-building or employees in our corporate partnership program – please contact us for details.
- 50% Non – Refundable & Non-Transferable Deposit requested to make booking / reserve charter.
- Bluewater Weather Guaranteed Protection Plan: If it is raining or Small Craft warnings at the time of your charter, you can always reschedule with no problems!
Contact us to book your Skippered Charter today!
Our location is: Bluewater Sailing
13505 Bali Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292.
Directions from I-405:
Take the 405 to the 90 West (Marina Del Rey Freeway)
90 West ends at Lincoln Blvd. Turn Left onto Lincoln.
The next light is Bali Way. Turn Right onto Bali.
Go straight, through the light at Admiralty Way.
Once you’ve crossed Admiralty Way, our office is in the first building on the right.
Free Parking at Bluewater Sailing:
Turn right at the “Catalina Yacht Anchorage” sign.
In the driveway, immediately turn right and proceed through the open turnstile.
Park in the reserved area between our building and the road.
The office entrance faces the water.
You’ll know you’re in the right place when you see the Bluewater Sailing sign.
See and sail with you soon!